Does your business need a website?
The overwhelming use of the Internet makes it abundantly clear that every business should have a website, especially a small business. Without a website, you could be missing out on opportunities to increase sales and gain new customers.
Here are several strong reason to have a website for your small business.
1. Your business has competition. If your competitors have a website, your business cannot survive without one. This is especially true if the bulk of your business isn’t the result of word-of-mouth. Local retailers, online sellers and manufacturers use websites to communicate with existing customer and to gain the loyalty of new customers. While all of your competition may not have a website, you may be losing customers to those that do. Once they’re on your customer’s website, they may not have an incentive to look elsewhere.
2. Your business needs to build new relationships to thrive. The website allows you to send your customers and potential customers monthly emails or newsletters. By staying in touch with customers, your brand can become better known while making it easier for your customers to understand your business. A website can also be a great customer service tool, allowing your customers to reach your 24-7.
3. A website can give your small business credibility. First impressions are still important in every facet of life. A well-designed and functional website can give your business the credibility it needs to make a good, first impression. You may even discover that the majority of customers are willing to do business with you because you provide a website. If your website is functional an easy to navigate, that’s like extra icing on the cake for customers.
4. Every business owner is aware of the power of business cards. They’re an effective and inexpensive way to advertise a product or service. Your website can be a new, digital business card. Only it has the potential to reach hundreds, even thousands more customers than a conventional business card. Properly designed and optimized for search, your website can provide a convenient way for new and potential customers to communicate with you at their convenience.
5. Your website will give you the power of advertising, without the cost. Websites can offer a very inexpensive method to let the world know about your products or services. A also allows you to communicate valuable information in easier and less expensive ways than other forms of conventional advertising. Your website can be like a silent partner, working faithfully to help grow you business 24/7. Send emails, offer special deals and publicize sales. The sky is the limit with an effective website.
If you’re interested in website design for small business ask about my services, which include strategic website design/development, book/contact form features/email and newsletters/social networking integration, attractive designs, and full e-commerce shop functions.